Terms and Conditions of Hire Strachur District Community Minibus
Strachur District Community Minibus is operated under a Section 19 Permit. Strachur Hub is the registered holder of the Section 19 Permit for the minibus, and every hire is carried out under the terms and conditions of the permit.
This means that the minibus may only be hired by not-for-profit bodies such as those involved with Education, Religion, Social Welfare or Other activities beneficial to the community.
The minibus cannot be hired for activities which are profit making. A private business cannot hire the minibus.
The driver cannot be paid to drive the minibus.
- Driver must be 30-75 years old, and have held a license for at least two years that includes D1 vehicles (see Strachur Hub Minibus and the Law)
- The driver is responsible for ensuring that the load is not over weight.
- The minibus can only be driven by drivers registered with Strachur Hub.
- The minibus must be picked up and returned at the agreed times and locations
- The minibus must be fuelled prior to return. Fuel cost plus £10 will be charged if this requirement is not met. Special arrangements can be agreed for evening returns.
- The minibus must be returned in a clean and tidy condition
- Any damage must be reported Allison or Patrick
- If you are taking the minibus out with Scotland this must be agreed in advance.
- All personal belongings/equipment left in the minibus at owner’s risk.
- The insurance excess charge is £150.
- The driver is liable for any parking fines or speeding tickets.
- The hire charge is £100 per day or £60 for evening hire.