Strachur Memorial Hall
Strachur Memorial Hall, built in 1923, is a highly valued facility which was extensively modified and refurbished in 1999 when the New Hall and ancillary offices were built for the Millenium. A committee comprising 6 elected officers, 6 additional elected members and representatives of about 20 regular user groups meets quarterly to direct the management of the hall. Day-to-day management is delegated to an Executive Committee made up of the elected officers. The maintenance and management of the hall is almost entirely by volunteer labour with only one paid employee - a very efficient part-time cleaner. The Memorial Hall Committee is a registered charity.
The user groups are responsible for the majority of the 1000+ bookings annually but both halls are also booked out for wedding receptions, dances, concerts, exhibitions, charity functions and by local companies such as the National Park and Forestry and Land Scotland.
Strachur Memorial Hall is thought by many to be one of the finest Village Halls in Cowal. It has 2 halls with maximum capacities of 150 persons in the Memorial Hall, 100 in the New Hall and a meeting room for up to 15 people.
- Ideal venue for wedding receptions, family functions, private parties, conferences, concerts, dances, workshops and public meetings
- Ample car parking spaces
- Centrally heated and double glazed
- Public Entertainment Licence
- Wireless internet access
- Modern kitchen with crockery and cutlery for up to 120 place settings
- Disabled facilities & double door access for loading
- Easy to book via email/phone/post
The Hall is available for hire seven days a week.
Strachur Memorial Hall is run by volunteers, managed by a Charitable Trust and funded by income from lets and local fund raising. Donations are welcome.
Strachur Memorial Hall, Clachan, Strachur, Argyll PA27 8DG
Bookings and enquiries
Pam Hall: email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. 07768 463563