Strachur Patient Participation Group

Draft Minutes of Meeting held on 19 January 2015

At 19.30 in the Surgery

1. Present: Heather Grier- Chair

Ian Asher, Margaret Asher, Isobel McGladdery, Margaret Adams, Anne MacLachlan(Practice Manager) and Sarah Bryant

2. Apologies: were received from: Dr R Coull, Principal, Elizabeth McGladdery, and Margaret Palmer-Brown.

Heather welcomed all.

3. Minutes of the last meeting:

The pre- circulated minutes were read and approved.

4. Matters arising:

1) Refer Power of Attorney, Heather suggested Dr Coull or Anne speak to Stewart and Bennett and rearrange. Agreed this be a public meeting for an afternoon

2) Bloods: Heather agreed to speak to Dr MacGregor and Dr Tittmar to confirm their current arrangements.

3) Engagement with Dunoon Grammar for Pupils: discussion with Head Teacher still outstanding.

4) Anne updated on the flow of information on Local Enhanced Communication Service re hospital to surgery

5) Re Survey on Surgery

  • Survey outcome should have been published in January and it was overlooked by production. Will be inserted in February
  • the question of criteria for Home Visits remains outstanding.
  • Update leaflets to be updated based on above answer
  • Speakers/door issue re waiting area still outstanding
  • Blackboard with doctor rota o/s Anne reported awaiting BMA input.

6) Federation of practices required some clarity following a GP amalgamation in Lomond/Helensburgh area.

7) Re Interloch further information to be sought as to how it works and the charging structure.

Other action points would be reported under the agenda.

5. Reshaping Care for Older People (RCOP), Integration and Self Directed Support (SDS)

RCOP: Conversation cafes had been taking place throughout Cowal. An event had been held in the hall today. Heather expressed disappointment at the numbers attending but reported those who did gave excellent input into the process.

The RCOP engagement process would be closing on the 31st January 2015. Heather advised that the feedback from Cowal would all be co-ordinated locally before being sent to the project team, and that the locality tram would be analysing the feedback and would be reporting back to communities.

Health and Social care Partnership (HSCP): The drop in for Cowal took place on the 2nd Dec, starting at 9.00am Heather attended to find only one other member of the public turned up as previously suspected.

The last meeting of the integration comms group was held on the 11 December but with very little more information. Next meeting due on 28th January.

Self Directed Support (SDS): Still very little information forthcoming from the Council regarding this. Heather advised there is an open event for SDS

on the 29th January in the training Room in the Hospital.

Feedback will follow.

6. Greater Glasgow and Clyde (GG and C) Survey. It was agreed to proceed with this including a question on if there are any transport difficulties.

7. Any Other Business:

a) Heather reported than Dr Tittmar was written to her asking for the information on Cowal Practices funding. Heather reported this information was confidential to our practice and she would be advising Dr Tittmar to write directly to George Morrison.

b) Review of Practices to be undertaken by 1 April 2015.

c) We have a higher than average proportion of people with complex long term conditions in the over 65’s.

d) Mental health: Concern re lack of phycologist in place. Heather to seek information on staffing.

e) It was agreed to due members being away, that the next meeting on the 22nd February be cancelled.

f) Heather to advice Simon Richardson and ask him to attend the meeting on the 31st. March

g) Ian’s Suggestion List

PPG Newsletter and a website – not yet updated but will have a page for the PPG.

PPG members: Still willing to assist practice staff with admin matters.

8. Date, Time & Venues of the Next Meetings in the Surgery commencing 19.30.

Tuesday 31st March 2015

Home » Local Guide » Patient Participation Group » PPG Minutes 19 January 2015
Website text and photos: © Strachur Memorial Hall Committee